Nuts are DEFINATELY good for your skin! They have been found to be beneficial in helping with numeorus skin issues, as well as helping to maintain a more youthful appearance. After all, who doesn’t want to look younger, right? So if you prefer natural remedies, grab a handful of the below listed nuts and you are well on your way to maintaining better skin.
I have included several supporting links throughout the information below for you to research and explore as well.
So grab a drink, find a place to relax and dive right in. Oh, did you remember your bowl of nuts?
- Brazil nuts contain lots of selenium, which improves skin elasticity and fights off infections from pimples. Selenium also helps to relieve redness.
- These nuts contain fatty acids and vitamin E which help increase skin hydration levels.
- They are power-packed with omega-3 fatty acids and help to relieve the inflammation from pimples and acne.
- They also help to reduce the growth of free radicals and to keep the skin more hydrated through to the production of glutathione.
- So add a handful of nuts (30 grams) into your daily diet and watch your skin glow naturally.
- Pistachios help to regulate blood sugar levels
- They also help with acne by controling the amount of oils produced
- Contain vitamins A, C and E, as well as zinc and folic acid, which helps protect the skin against free radical damage.
- These nuts even help with weight control, but are also filled with heart healthy fats that promote good cholesterol.
- The antioxidants in pistachios help decrease acne growth by controlling blood sugar levels that circulate the acne-causing hormone androgen.
- Cashews are loaded with selenium and zinc, which together reduce skin inflammation, hydrate the skin and reduce the appearance of scars.
- Zinc also promotes healing and cell growth, making it easier for your skin to be repaired.
- They are known as acne-fighting nutrients.
- These nuts are high in selenium, which acts as an antioxidant with vitamin E, leaving a hydrated skin and reduced inflammation.
- The presence of zinc promotes immune function for healing and cell growth that can renew and replenish infected or damaged acne zones.
- Walnuts elevate your vitamin B levels and help you manage wrinkles and fine lines.
- Contain zinc and vitamin E, which help to regulate blood sugar levels.
- Are known to have anti-inflammatory properties due to the omega-3 fatty acids in them.
- Just a handful can help boost your vitamin B levels that are imperative to keeping age related fine lines and wrinkles away.
- Almonds are packed with a variety of nutrients that help reduce swelling and irritation
- They are packed with essential fatty acids, protein, and fiber
- Filled with vitamin E, which keeps your skin hydrated and helps defend the body against a whole host of skin conditions. Conditions like acne, eczema and dark spots. *Please note that nuts & eczema is controversial as there are studies that say they are great & others that say they could contain nickel and cause reactions.
- Macadamia nuts are full of vitamin E, which helps heal wounds
- Delays the sign of ageing and repairs connective tissues.
- They are a great source of vitamin B2, which helps maintain the collagen levels needed for healthy skin.