YES! Nuts have been found to be beneficial in helping with numeorus skin issues as well as helping to maintain a more youthful appearance. After all, who doesn’t want to look younger, right? So if you prefer natural remedies, grab a handful of the below listed nuts and you are well on your way to maintaining better skin.
- I have included several supporting links throughout the information below for you to research and explore as well.
So grab a drink, find a place to relax and dive right in. Did you remember your bowl of nuts?
- Brazil Nuts – Brazil nuts contain lots of selenium, which not only improves skin elasticity but also fights off infections from pimples and relieves redness. The natural fatty acids and vitamin E present in these nuts also help increase skin hydration levels. Power-packed with omega-3 fatty acids, these nuts are a great source of selenium, which is responsible for improving skin’s elasticity and relieving inflammation like pimples and acne. It also reduces the growth of free radicals and keeps the skin hydrated, thanks to the production of glutathione that is known to keep your skin healthy. Add a handful of nuts or 30 grams of them every day in your diet and see your skin glowing naturally.
- Pistachios – Pistachios help to regulate blood sugar levels and control oils produced, thus helping with acne. They contain vitamins A, C and E, as well as zinc and folic acid, which helps protect the skin against free radical damage. Pistachios help with weight control, but are also filled with heart healthy fats that promote good cholesterol. The antioxidants in pistachios help decrease acne growth by controlling blood sugar levels that circulate the acne-causing hormone androgen.
- Cashews – Cashews are loaded with selenium and zinc, which together reduce skin inflammation, hydrate the skin and reduce the appearance of scars. Zinc also promotes healing and cell growth, making it easier for skin to be repaired. Cashews are known as acne-fighting nutrients. These nuts are high in selenium, which acts as an antioxidant with vitamin E, leaving a hydrated skin and reduced inflammation. The presence of zinc promotes immune function for healing and cell growth that can renew and replenish infected or damaged acne zones.
- Walnuts – Walnuts elevate your vitamin B levels and help you manage wrinkles and fine lines. They also contain zinc and vitamin E, which help to regulate blood sugar levels. They are also known to have anti-inflammatory properties due to the omega-3 fatty acids in them. Just a handful can help boost your vitamin B levels that are imperative to keeping age related fine lines and wrinkles away.
- Almonds – Almonds are packed with a variety of nutrients that help reduce swelling and irritation, are packed with essential fatty acids, protein, and fiber and are full of vitamin E, which keeps your skin hydrated and helps defend the body against a whole host of skin conditions. Conditions like acne, eczema and dark spots. *Please note that nuts & eczema is controversial as there are studies that say they are great & others that say they could contain nickel and cause reactions.
- Macadamias – Macadamia nuts are full of vitamin E, which helps heal wounds, delays the sign of ageing and repairs connective tissues. They are a great source of vitamin B2, which which help maintain the collagen levels needed for healthy skin.